Our friend is suffering from leukemia – a form of cancer. A stem cell transplant could save her life, but we URGENTLY need to find a match.
- There are only 20 million people on the stem cell register worldwide, out of 7 billion people
- Only people between 16 and 30 can join the register, so young people are DESPERATELY NEEDED
- Older people can join the registry too under certain conditions, or help in other ways
- People of African-Caribbean, Chinese, Indian and Mixed Race backgrounds are DESPERATELY NEEDED (why?)
- Joining the stem cell registry is easy – a saliva sample kit is sent to your home
- Donating stem cells is a simple procedure.
- Being a stem cell donor is rewarding. Your chance of being called upon to donate is low however, about 1 in 100.
Your decision, this moment, could help save Sonia’s life. PLEASE join the registry for her, and for others like her.